Explore insightful, comprehensive, and interpretative stories that resonate with your curious mind. Drive into depth with Tvista, where stories come alive!

Secrets to a Longer, Healthier You!

Secrets to a Longer, Healthier You!

Who does not want to live longer? But at the age of indiscriminate consumption and widespread pollution, we are getting old and sick in our young stage.

While about 25% of how long we live is determined by our genes, the remaining 75% is shaped by our daily habits and lifestyle.

But keep it in mind that there is no shortcut and instant medicine to live longer but you can live a healthier and longer life by following these five principles.

Maintain plant-based diet!

Your diet significantly shapes your well-being. Research strongly supports the connection between a plant-based diet and a healthier, longer life.

Choosing more plant-based options and cutting back on meat, processed foods, sugar, and salt can lower the risk of diseases that can shorten our lives, such as heart disease and cancer.

Plant-based foods offer a blend of nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber, providing anti-inflammatory benefits. This protective shield against cell damage aids in disease prevention as we age.

While no single diet fits all, the Mediterranean diet stands out as one of the most researched and healthiest options. Modeled after those living around the Mediterranean Sea, it spotlights a mix of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, seeds, fish, seafood, and olive oil.

Maintain proper weight

Strive for a healthy weight to boost your well-being. Obesity increases the risk of various health issues that can cut our lives short.

Excess weight strains our body systems, triggering inflammation and hormonal imbalances, elevating the likelihood of diseases like heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, and certain cancers.

Beyond its physical impact, obesity takes a toll on mental well-being, connecting to issues like depression, low self-esteem, and stress.

Navigating this challenge is tough, given our environment's promotion of obesity. Widespread marketing and the ready availability of calorie-rich foods, which our bodies naturally crave, make it effortless to consume excessive calories.

Exercise regularly

We're all aware of the benefits of exercise. It shields against chronic illness, reduces stress, and enhances mental well-being.

Exercise not only aids in weight control and reducing body fat but also extends to improving glucose utilization, lowering blood pressure, decreasing inflammation, and enhancing blood flow and heart function.

Amidst the various exercise trends, the key is to incorporate physical activity into your day in any way that works for you. No need for marathon runs or lengthy gym sessions—find enjoyable ways to move and make it a part of your routine.

Avoid smoking

To boost your health and lifespan, steer clear of smoking or vaping. Cigarette smoke negatively impacts nearly every organ, contributing to a shorter and lower-quality life. No amount of smoking is safe, as each cigarette elevates the risks of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.

Quitting smoking yields immediate health benefits, even if you've smoked for years, reversing many harmful effects. Consideration for vaping as a long-term healthy alternative is cautioned, as the full scope of its long-term health effects remains unclear, accompanied by potential risks.

Prioritize social relationship

In the pursuit of a healthier and longer life, we often concentrate on physical well-being. However, a crucial revelation in the last decade underscores the significance of spiritual and psychological health.

Loneliness and social isolation heighten the risk of premature death, along with an increased likelihood of heart disease, stroke, dementia, anxiety, and depression. The precise mechanisms behind these effects are not entirely clear, but both behavioral and biological factors are likely contributors. Socially connected individuals not only tend to adopt healthier habits but also experience a direct physiological impact on their well-being.

To enhance your health and lifespan, prioritize building and nurturing your connections with others.

Tvista Desk

Tvista Desk

Sub Editor

Recent News